Subscribe today!Subscribe today to receive free email alerts containing hunting information you can use and notifications about prize package giveaways! You will receive an email you must click to confirm to be entered as a subscriber. Click this button and confirm to be a part of the Bowhunting Road family!
I can’t believe it’s November 8th as I sit in a stand this morning on Iowa public hunting land. I ...
Three pictures at three different times. Is this the same buck. I have an opinion but I want to hear ...
This year has really been a challenge to get all the bear hunting footage I need for the video I ...
Austin’s second Iowa youth season buck in three years This was our view. Brassicsas are to the left, red clover center ...
- Food for thought The annual whitetail rut is in the final days. The bucks have spent the last thirty days in pursuit of estrous does. They have lost most of their bod ...READ MORE
- The bucks are here! I have been saying for two months that if I wait until late in the season, maybe some bucks will move into this food plot, and even I had my doubts. ...READ MORE
- Hunting at Home As you know if you have been reading this blog, the deer population is way down in this part of Minnesota. I have one either-sex deer tag and I have b ...READ MORE
- Bear Hunting DVD is shipping This is my first bear hunting DVD and I am very excited about it. It has nearly 2 1/2 hours of information and hunting. I hope it sells well, because ...READ MORE
- Kansas Day #12 BIG BUCK DOWN!!! Day #12 Woke up to rain soaked roads. Must have rained on and off through the night. It is warm and overcast. Tough weather to deer hunt in. Deer move ...READ MORE
- Where are the mature bucks? [caption id="attachment_121146" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Yesterday's view from the stand in the timber overlooking a Real World Wildlife White ...READ MORE
- Kansas Day #11 Day 11 Well we are deep into the lockdown phase. Add hot weather and it'd a recipe for slow sits. All I am hoping is one of these does comes into heat ...READ MORE
- Kansas Day 10 Day #10 Slowest morning to date. Back on north end of bed hunting ssw wind. Does have been pushed and pushed by these bucks. All I hope for is a cruis ...READ MORE
- Kansas Day #9 Day 9 Cold this morning 28. No wind. Seen a bunch of does this morning most I have seen in 3 days. Thought saw a buck. Saw I grunted and rattled. Annn ...READ MORE
- Kansas Day #8 Day 8 All Day Today temp was 38 and wind is supposed to pick up. So opted to bring bibs. Put them on. Pumped up tree only to realize haul up rope had ...READ MORE
About the Bowhunting Road
The website you are viewing began as a blog about the hunting adventures of Bernie Barringer, a well-travelled bowhunter. It has grown into a full website with more bloggers and a lot of resources and information for the archer who travels beyond the borders of his/her home state to hunt.
Not only do we provide you with great daily commentaries about where and when we are hunting, but we also provide you with a lot of information to help you follow your own dreams of bowhunting in new and exciting places. Spend some time looking around, and be sure to subscribe for updates and a chance to win one of many great prizes. Thanks for following us on the Bowhunting Road, and I trust you will see that being a regular here will add a lot to your knowledge of how to put more game on the ground!
Jon and Sarah
We are very excited to be team members of The Bowhunting Road.com Sarah and I met in 1996. I was working as a natural resource aide in a Iowa state park. While patrolling the park after the 10:30 PM closing time, I located Sarah and friends in the park after hours. The rest is history. While I was pursuing a career in natural resources, Sarah was completing her college education at Southern Illinois/Carbondale.
Bernie began bowhunting in 1973 as a 14-year-old. This became a lifelong addiction. For more than 40 years, he has pursued small game, whitetails and bears across the Midwest, but he is expanding his experiences to include other species in other parts of North America.
I love to hunt whitetails! Whether it be chasing whitetails around the woods of Maine or sitting on a cornfield in the midwest, I am doing what I love. When it comes to hunting, they are what drives me. I have all but given up most of my other hobbies, directing most of my efforts towards bowhunting these majestic animals.
I was not necessarily brought up in a whitetail or hunting environment. Living in South Florida amongst tourist and urban sprawl wasn’t the ideal hunting sportsman’s paradise. But luckily, my Dad was able to introduce my brother and me to the outdoors whether it was hunting the vast Central Florida forest or shiner fishing the Ocklawaha River for largemouth bass, it was ultimately ingrained into my childhood and carried later into my adult years.