Subscribe today!Subscribe today to receive free email alerts containing hunting information you can use and notifications about prize package giveaways! You will receive an email you must click to confirm to be entered as a subscriber. Click this button and confirm to be a part of the Bowhunting Road family!
Ah, the final days of summer are upon us. This means we are ever so close to the beginning of ...
I seeded Real World Plot Topper mix onto two plots last week I’ve been prepping and preparing food plots the last ...
Last night, it was going to rain so decided last minute to go and check a couple of cams just ...
Well I have some disappointing news about the streaming web cam we were going ...
- Austin’s 2nd buck [caption id="attachment_120868" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Austin's second Iowa youth season buck in three years[/caption] [caption id="attachm ...READ MORE
- A great idea! I am not a manufacturer but I come up with some ideas now and then, and two of them are ones I have been surprised that no one has marketed. One of th ...READ MORE
- Serve Outdoors Hunt: BUCK DOWN! I made the long drive home from Colorado last Friday. I attended a lunch on Saturday for disabled hunters and guides participating in the annual Des M ...READ MORE
- Day 6; Face to Face [caption id="attachment_120835" align="aligncenter" width="300"] In 2013, my first elk hunt, Frank from Idaho taught me the tradition of annually docu ...READ MORE
- Day 5; Silence The weather is warm and we are approaching a full moon. The bulls are locked down with their cow harems. Therefore, there is less bugling each day . T ...READ MORE
- Day 4; Bumped Them We are hunting a group of elk that is localized on a small piece of private property. They have everything they need with limited hunting pressure. We ...READ MORE
- Day 3; Good Approach We continue to hunt the same area and learn more about it daily. We are hunting elk that bed, feed and water on private ground. They travel to and fro ...READ MORE
- Day 2: Big bull in the road [caption id="attachment_120888" align="aligncenter" width="300"] A view from high on the mountain overlooking the lake .[/caption] The morning started ...READ MORE
- Day 1 ; Long Day We left Iowa at 5 pm with a temperature of 75 degrees. We drove the entire night and arrived at our cabin around 7am. Troy took us to view elk on prop ...READ MORE
- Final Preparations The time is almost here. I will soon be traveling to Colorado and hunting elk. I have prepared for this trip all summer. I continue to physically trai ...READ MORE
About the Bowhunting Road
The website you are viewing began as a blog about the hunting adventures of Bernie Barringer, a well-travelled bowhunter. It has grown into a full website with more bloggers and a lot of resources and information for the archer who travels beyond the borders of his/her home state to hunt.
Not only do we provide you with great daily commentaries about where and when we are hunting, but we also provide you with a lot of information to help you follow your own dreams of bowhunting in new and exciting places. Spend some time looking around, and be sure to subscribe for updates and a chance to win one of many great prizes. Thanks for following us on the Bowhunting Road, and I trust you will see that being a regular here will add a lot to your knowledge of how to put more game on the ground!
Jon and Sarah
We are very excited to be team members of The Bowhunting Road.com Sarah and I met in 1996. I was working as a natural resource aide in a Iowa state park. While patrolling the park after the 10:30 PM closing time, I located Sarah and friends in the park after hours. The rest is history. While I was pursuing a career in natural resources, Sarah was completing her college education at Southern Illinois/Carbondale.
Bernie began bowhunting in 1973 as a 14-year-old. This became a lifelong addiction. For more than 40 years, he has pursued small game, whitetails and bears across the Midwest, but he is expanding his experiences to include other species in other parts of North America.
I love to hunt whitetails! Whether it be chasing whitetails around the woods of Maine or sitting on a cornfield in the midwest, I am doing what I love. When it comes to hunting, they are what drives me. I have all but given up most of my other hobbies, directing most of my efforts towards bowhunting these majestic animals.
I was not necessarily brought up in a whitetail or hunting environment. Living in South Florida amongst tourist and urban sprawl wasn’t the ideal hunting sportsman’s paradise. But luckily, my Dad was able to introduce my brother and me to the outdoors whether it was hunting the vast Central Florida forest or shiner fishing the Ocklawaha River for largemouth bass, it was ultimately ingrained into my childhood and carried later into my adult years.