Subscribe today!Subscribe today to receive free email alerts containing hunting information you can use and notifications about prize package giveaways! You will receive an email you must click to confirm to be entered as a subscriber. Click this button and confirm to be a part of the Bowhunting Road family!
Well I am headed back to Manitoba on Sunday afternoon to hopefully find a blonde bear. But there is a ...
You may recall a few weeks ago that I put a Covert Scouting Camera on a bear den. I went ...
Doing this article helped me relive some really fun hunts with my boys. If you ever get a chance to ...
Sometimes the most interesting things appear in odd places. I was at a garage sale and found a few racks ...
- Swinging for a Grand Slam Well I am headed back to Manitoba on Sunday afternoon to hopefully find a blonde bear. But there is a lot to do before that. My son Dawson is getting ...READ MORE
- VIDEO – Foiling Trail Camera Thieves Just did this video demonstrating four ways of reducing theft of scouting cameras on public land. These tips really do help.
- The growing trend of mobile bowhunters This infographic was released by Realtree today. It's something we already knew, but the actual states where the hunters are going may come as a surpr ...READ MORE
- Tag Application Season in Full Swing It's that time of the year when applications are being taken for whitetails across the nation in states that require a draw. This year I applied for K ...READ MORE
- Bear Den Video You may recall a few weeks ago that I put a Covert Scouting Camera on a bear den. I went back and checked it after a couple weeks and found that the b ...READ MORE
- Doubled on Turkeys The Iowa turkey season began today. I didn't take any hunters last week during youth season so I was anxious to get out. I took a day off from work t ...READ MORE
- Turkey Time The 2016 Iowa turkey season began today with a nine day youth season. I'm not sure if I will be taking any of my nephews or not . If not, I'll spend t ...READ MORE
- Bowfishing/Bear Hunting Combo Doing this article helped me relive some really fun hunts with my boys. If you ever get a chance to do one of these bowfishing/bear hunt combo hunts, ...READ MORE
- Huge rack found… what would you do? Sometimes the most interesting things appear in odd places. I was at a garage sale and found a few racks that were for sale. They were on plaques and ...READ MORE
- Habitat Helper: Hingecutting Hinge cutting is the habitat practice of partially cutting through a tree to fall it. The goal is to fall a tree while leaving enough cambium undistur ...READ MORE
About the Bowhunting Road
The website you are viewing began as a blog about the hunting adventures of Bernie Barringer, a well-travelled bowhunter. It has grown into a full website with more bloggers and a lot of resources and information for the archer who travels beyond the borders of his/her home state to hunt.
Not only do we provide you with great daily commentaries about where and when we are hunting, but we also provide you with a lot of information to help you follow your own dreams of bowhunting in new and exciting places. Spend some time looking around, and be sure to subscribe for updates and a chance to win one of many great prizes. Thanks for following us on the Bowhunting Road, and I trust you will see that being a regular here will add a lot to your knowledge of how to put more game on the ground!
Jon and Sarah
We are very excited to be team members of The Bowhunting Road.com Sarah and I met in 1996. I was working as a natural resource aide in a Iowa state park. While patrolling the park after the 10:30 PM closing time, I located Sarah and friends in the park after hours. The rest is history. While I was pursuing a career in natural resources, Sarah was completing her college education at Southern Illinois/Carbondale.
Bernie began bowhunting in 1973 as a 14-year-old. This became a lifelong addiction. For more than 40 years, he has pursued small game, whitetails and bears across the Midwest, but he is expanding his experiences to include other species in other parts of North America.
I love to hunt whitetails! Whether it be chasing whitetails around the woods of Maine or sitting on a cornfield in the midwest, I am doing what I love. When it comes to hunting, they are what drives me. I have all but given up most of my other hobbies, directing most of my efforts towards bowhunting these majestic animals.