Subscribe today!Subscribe today to receive free email alerts containing hunting information you can use and notifications about prize package giveaways! You will receive an email you must click to confirm to be entered as a subscriber. Click this button and confirm to be a part of the Bowhunting Road family!
I have a lot of deer coming in to the feed I have been putting out behind the house. I ...
A long day today but a very productive one. Working on two articles about the show, one for bowhunting.com and one ...
Wow, what a day. I got up at 5:30 and the wind was still blowing but not as hard. I ...
Black Bear Info All you ever wanted to know about bear hunting across North America and probably more than you wanted ...
- The winter that never ends and a wolf story Today is March 2nd and it's 25 below zero. Yesterday's high was -3 and tonight's low is forecast for -19. This is getting old. Really old. March is ty ...READ MORE
- NO SHEDS! It's February 26th and I haven't found a single shed antler this year. In years past, I have picked up eighty antlers by this time. You might be wonde ...READ MORE
- 2013 Hunt for the “Inside Tine” buck Maine October 2013 I have been hunting hard this past season -- harder than I have ever scouted/hunted any seasons prior. Saw couple mature bucks in t ...READ MORE
- 2013 17pt Maine Buck — disappointment September 25, 2013 It was 2am...got up to go the bathroom, heard my phone buzz. Got a facebook message. One of the top bucks I had been chasing this s ...READ MORE
- Kansas Downloadable Google Earth Files One of the coolest thing to come to the market in the past few years are 1. Smart phones 2. Google Earth. In 2009, when I first started going to KS, I ...READ MORE
- Winter deer watching I have a lot of deer coming in to the feed I have been putting out behind the house. I have been feeding them by pouring deer feed into a pile ...READ MORE
- 2014 tag data is ready I completed the tag info for 2014 today. Here is the data for the destination states for whitetail and bear in the Midwest. Click on it to enlarge it. ...READ MORE
- Venison Jerky Hunting and trapping seasons are over. The weather is cold with a foot of snow on the ground. Shed antler hunting is on hold. This time of year is goo ...READ MORE
- Deer Decoy: To Decoy or Not? The last couple of seasons, I have had a few guys ask me about using a deer decoy. When times are tough and you pull in with a rack sticking out of th ...READ MORE
- The Winter Grind! This winter has been characterized by sub-zero cold and lots of snow here in Minnesota and it has probably been similar where you live. I have been wr ...READ MORE
About the Bowhunting Road
The website you are viewing began as a blog about the hunting adventures of Bernie Barringer, a well-travelled bowhunter. It has grown into a full website with more bloggers and a lot of resources and information for the archer who travels beyond the borders of his/her home state to hunt.
Not only do we provide you with great daily commentaries about where and when we are hunting, but we also provide you with a lot of information to help you follow your own dreams of bowhunting in new and exciting places. Spend some time looking around, and be sure to subscribe for updates and a chance to win one of many great prizes. Thanks for following us on the Bowhunting Road, and I trust you will see that being a regular here will add a lot to your knowledge of how to put more game on the ground!
Jon and Sarah’s Bio
We are very excited to be team members of The Bowhunting Road.com Sarah and I met in 1996. I was working as a natural resource aide in a Iowa state park. While patrolling the park after the 10:30 PM closing time, I located Sarah and friends in the park after hours. The rest is history. While I was pursuing a career in natural resources, Sarah was completing her college education at Southern Illinois/Carbondale.
Bernie Barringer’s Bio
Bernie began bowhunting in 1973 as a 14-year-old. This became a lifelong addiction. For more than 35 years, he has pursued small game, whitetails and bears across the Midwest, but he is expanding his experiences to include other species in other parts of North America.
I love to hunt whitetails! Whether it be chasing whitetails around the woods of Maine or sitting on a cornfield in the midwest, I am doing what I love. When it comes to hunting, they are what drives me. I have all but given up most of my other hobbies, directing most of my efforts towards bowhunting these majestic animals.