Subscribe today!Subscribe today to receive free email alerts containing hunting information you can use and notifications about prize package giveaways! You will receive an email you must click to confirm to be entered as a subscriber. Click this button and confirm to be a part of the Bowhunting Road family!
This is the press that will be running the interior pages of my book. The workers are putting the plates ...
By Aaron Mulligan Discover the inner warrior in you and learn what it takes to greatly improve bow hunting skills. Learn ...
Looks like I have my 2014 hunts pretty well scheduled in. I have decided to drop the idea of the antelope ...
I have a lot of deer coming in to the feed I have been putting out behind the house. I ...
- There’s gotta be a story behind this! [caption id="attachment_117456" align="alignleft" width="300"] I guess it's been a long winter for the beavers too.[/caption] Since it's spring beaver ...READ MORE
- Turkey hunting is right around the corner! April 28th is opening day here in Maine. Just put a new string on my bow. Guess its time to start shooting some arrows. Really have not done a whole l ...READ MORE
- Good plan. Bad execution! I had a great hunt yesterday moring. After checking the Cuddeback trail camera on Monday evening, it became apparent that turkeys where feeding in the ...READ MORE
- Books are shipping! [caption id="attachment_117423" align="alignleft" width="200"] Thanks to my wife Cheri for her help in filling book orders.[/caption] Lots of fun but ...READ MORE
- This is encouraging I awoke this morning to the alarm at 5AM. I knew before I checked the weather or looked outside that it wasn't good. The wind was howling and sounded ...READ MORE
- Spring turkey hunting The Iowa turkey season has began. The 2014 turkey season is off to a good start. I took my nephew Aidan on a fun youth hunt yesterday morning. It was ...READ MORE
- On the mend [caption id="attachment_117369" align="alignleft" width="300"] The nurse handed me a marker and told me to write on the bad knee so I did. The I thoug ...READ MORE
- Free info for the bear hunter If you are a bear hunter here is a good resource for you. I have been writing articles for this online magazine and you can get it for free each month ...READ MORE
- Ready to head home from a long weekend The show is going well here in Wisconsin. My seminars have been very well attended with over 100 people in some of them. The ride down here in the bli ...READ MORE
- Signs of Spring I was able to shed antler hunt on Saturday and Sunday. The weather was beautiful, bright sunshine with temperatures in the 50's and 70's. I searched f ...READ MORE
About the Bowhunting Road
The website you are viewing began as a blog about the hunting adventures of Bernie Barringer, a well-travelled bowhunter. It has grown into a full website with more bloggers and a lot of resources and information for the archer who travels beyond the borders of his/her home state to hunt.
Not only do we provide you with great daily commentaries about where and when we are hunting, but we also provide you with a lot of information to help you follow your own dreams of bowhunting in new and exciting places. Spend some time looking around, and be sure to subscribe for updates and a chance to win one of many great prizes. Thanks for following us on the Bowhunting Road, and I trust you will see that being a regular here will add a lot to your knowledge of how to put more game on the ground!
Jon and Sarah’s Bio
We are very excited to be team members of The Bowhunting Road.com Sarah and I met in 1996. I was working as a natural resource aide in a Iowa state park. While patrolling the park after the 10:30 PM closing time, I located Sarah and friends in the park after hours. The rest is history. While I was pursuing a career in natural resources, Sarah was completing her college education at Southern Illinois/Carbondale.
Bernie Barringer’s Bio
Bernie began bowhunting in 1973 as a 14-year-old. This became a lifelong addiction. For more than 35 years, he has pursued small game, whitetails and bears across the Midwest, but he is expanding his experiences to include other species in other parts of North America.
I love to hunt whitetails! Whether it be chasing whitetails around the woods of Maine or sitting on a cornfield in the midwest, I am doing what I love. When it comes to hunting, they are what drives me. I have all but given up most of my other hobbies, directing most of my efforts towards bowhunting these majestic animals.