Subscribe today!Subscribe today to receive free email alerts containing hunting information you can use and notifications about prize package giveaways! You will receive an email you must click to confirm to be entered as a subscriber. Click this button and confirm to be a part of the Bowhunting Road family!
Hard to believe it’s August already. The summer has gone by in a blur, it has been so busy and ...
I just ordered a couple of these new Hawk Xplore treestands and I am excited about the possibilities. There is so ...
Friday May 13, 2016 How in the world did it get to be Friday already? Time is running out on me. ...
Well I am headed back to Manitoba on Sunday afternoon to hopefully find a blonde bear. But there is a ...
- Target-Rich Environment! Man, am I excited about the next two weeks and the opportunties I am walking into. I am headed back to Grandview Outfitters in western Manitoba for th ...READ MORE
- Ready For The Rockies The anticipation and preparation is almost over. The long awaited Colorado elk hunting trip and travel day is almost here. I will be hunting near Oak ...READ MORE
- Success in Ontario I had a great hunt in Ontario once again with Edward Wilson of Havik Lake Outfitters. I took a group of ten friends along and we all got bears. Also i ...READ MORE
- Been crazy here I apologize that I haven't posted but it has been pretty busy. With 12 hunters in camp I have been busy taking people back and forth to stands, tracki ...READ MORE
- Settled in and working hard I arrived Friday afternoon and immediately headed down the canyon lake road to check the camera and put bait out. All three baits were empty so I adde ...READ MORE
- Summertime Routines Annually, at the end of July and beginning of August, I begin performing the summertime routines to prepare for the upcoming whitetail hunting season ...READ MORE
- First Bear Hunt of the Year! This summer has been a blur it has sped by so fast. It's hard to believe that the first bear hunt of the year is coming up within a week. I will be he ...READ MORE
- Busy time Getting Ready for Hunting Hard to believe it's August already. The summer has gone by in a blur, it has been so busy and frantic it's almost as if it never happened. I am curre ...READ MORE
- Time to prune and Trim shooting lanes [caption id="attachment_121754" align="alignleft" width="300"] Remove enough brush at ground blind entrances to remain quiet during entry and e ...READ MORE
- The new Xplore treestand I just ordered a couple of these new Hawk Xplore treestands and I am excited about the possibilities. There is so much to love about the mounting syst ...READ MORE
About the Bowhunting Road
The website you are viewing began as a blog about the hunting adventures of Bernie Barringer, a well-travelled bowhunter. It has grown into a full website with more bloggers and a lot of resources and information for the archer who travels beyond the borders of his/her home state to hunt.
Not only do we provide you with great daily commentaries about where and when we are hunting, but we also provide you with a lot of information to help you follow your own dreams of bowhunting in new and exciting places. Spend some time looking around, and be sure to subscribe for updates and a chance to win one of many great prizes. Thanks for following us on the Bowhunting Road, and I trust you will see that being a regular here will add a lot to your knowledge of how to put more game on the ground!
Jon and Sarah
We are very excited to be team members of The Bowhunting Road.com Sarah and I met in 1996. I was working as a natural resource aide in a Iowa state park. While patrolling the park after the 10:30 PM closing time, I located Sarah and friends in the park after hours. The rest is history. While I was pursuing a career in natural resources, Sarah was completing her college education at Southern Illinois/Carbondale.
Bernie began bowhunting in 1973 as a 14-year-old. This became a lifelong addiction. For more than 40 years, he has pursued small game, whitetails and bears across the Midwest, but he is expanding his experiences to include other species in other parts of North America.
I love to hunt whitetails! Whether it be chasing whitetails around the woods of Maine or sitting on a cornfield in the midwest, I am doing what I love. When it comes to hunting, they are what drives me. I have all but given up most of my other hobbies, directing most of my efforts towards bowhunting these majestic animals.