Subscribe today!Subscribe today to receive free email alerts containing hunting information you can use and notifications about prize package giveaways! You will receive an email you must click to confirm to be entered as a subscriber. Click this button and confirm to be a part of the Bowhunting Road family!
Friday May 13, 2016 How in the world did it get to be Friday already? Time is running out on me. ...
Well I am headed back to Manitoba on Sunday afternoon to hopefully find a blonde bear. But there is a ...
You may recall a few weeks ago that I put a Covert Scouting Camera on a bear den. I went ...
Doing this article helped me relive some really fun hunts with my boys. If you ever get a chance to ...
- Summer update on bears Well the bears have been plentiful in my life over the last few weeks so I thought I would bring you up to speed on things around here and in Ontario. ...READ MORE
- Phase II: What bucks are around? So after all of the spring scouting, identifying beds, prepping sets, looking at potential food sources, getting landowner permission and planning exi ...READ MORE
- Time to start checking apple blossoms. Last year, the apple crop was BUMPER. So many apples. Many times, the next season, apples are very light to non existent. Good news is, the spring was ...READ MORE
- VIDEO: May 2016 Manitoba Hunt Video of the hunt is here. I wish there was a dead bear at the end of the video, but I think you will enjoy the action.
- Live to fight another day Well I am home and without a bear. We became convinced that we were overhunting the stand where Butch saw the blonde, and we had seen no sign that it ...READ MORE
- Down to the Wire Saturday May 14 I really didn’t expect to be in Manitoba today. In fact I am supposed to be fishing in the Minnesota Governor’s fishing opener festivi ...READ MORE
- Brutal weather and 3 for 5 on bears Friday May 13, 2016 How in the world did it get to be Friday already? Time is running out on me. Last night, all three guys that came in got their bea ...READ MORE
- A Test of Endurance Thursday May 12 Yesterday was a test of endurance. The weather was brutal. Because three more guys came in today, and we have two guides and only fiv ...READ MORE
- Trying to stay Optimistic Wednesday, May 11 I went into the afternoon hunt with high hopes because I was going into a place where Butch had seen a blonde bear the previous day. ...READ MORE
- Day 1 in the Duck Mountains Tuesday Morning May 10 On Sunday, Cody flew us back to Superior Wisconsin from my son Dawson’s wedding at Mackinaw City, Michigan. Cheri and I drove h ...READ MORE
About the Bowhunting Road
The website you are viewing began as a blog about the hunting adventures of Bernie Barringer, a well-travelled bowhunter. It has grown into a full website with more bloggers and a lot of resources and information for the archer who travels beyond the borders of his/her home state to hunt.
Not only do we provide you with great daily commentaries about where and when we are hunting, but we also provide you with a lot of information to help you follow your own dreams of bowhunting in new and exciting places. Spend some time looking around, and be sure to subscribe for updates and a chance to win one of many great prizes. Thanks for following us on the Bowhunting Road, and I trust you will see that being a regular here will add a lot to your knowledge of how to put more game on the ground!
Jon and Sarah
We are very excited to be team members of The Bowhunting Road.com Sarah and I met in 1996. I was working as a natural resource aide in a Iowa state park. While patrolling the park after the 10:30 PM closing time, I located Sarah and friends in the park after hours. The rest is history. While I was pursuing a career in natural resources, Sarah was completing her college education at Southern Illinois/Carbondale.
Bernie began bowhunting in 1973 as a 14-year-old. This became a lifelong addiction. For more than 40 years, he has pursued small game, whitetails and bears across the Midwest, but he is expanding his experiences to include other species in other parts of North America.
I love to hunt whitetails! Whether it be chasing whitetails around the woods of Maine or sitting on a cornfield in the midwest, I am doing what I love. When it comes to hunting, they are what drives me. I have all but given up most of my other hobbies, directing most of my efforts towards bowhunting these majestic animals.