Subscribe today!Subscribe today to receive free email alerts containing hunting information you can use and notifications about prize package giveaways! You will receive an email you must click to confirm to be entered as a subscriber. Click this button and confirm to be a part of the Bowhunting Road family!
Ah, the final days of summer are upon us. This means we are ever so close to the beginning of ...
I seeded Real World Plot Topper mix onto two plots last week I’ve been prepping and preparing food plots the last ...
Last night, it was going to rain so decided last minute to go and check a couple of cams just ...
Well I have some disappointing news about the streaming web cam we were going ...
- VIDEO: Ontario 2015 bear hunt Here's the video of my hunt from August 15-18. I hope you enjoy it; I had a fun hunt with a great group of guys.
- Stands are being hung, cams checked and bow is shooting well. LAST WEEK Its that time of year again. Apples are really starting to fall and deer patterns are changing accordingly. There are a TON of apples this y ...READ MORE
- The Most Incredible Bear Hunt in the history of … Ever. Manitoba Bear Hunt August 2015 August 24 Noon I really was not going to go on this hunt. Tom at Grandview Outfitters agreed to run a couple baits in t ...READ MORE
- Ontario 2015 bear hunt There is no cell phone coverage or internet where I am hunting in northwest Ontario so I will keep a log each day and post the entire hunt when I retu ...READ MORE
- 2015 hunting begins soon [caption id="attachment_120672" align="aligncenter" width="300"] A nice buck showed up at Monster Raxx mineral site last week[/caption] It's hard to b ...READ MORE
- Mathews No-Cam Update After spending a good portion of the summer shooting, I came to the conclusion that 29" on this bow was a tad bit long. I kept feeling like I was havi ...READ MORE
- 2015 Trail Cam: Here We Grow! Ah, the final days of summer are upon us. This means we are ever so close to the beginning of archery season and the start of antlered bucks increasin ...READ MORE
- Plotting for the season [caption id="attachment_120610" align="aligncenter" width="300"] I seeded Real World Plot Topper mix onto two plots last week[/caption] I've been pre ...READ MORE
- Great camera pull. Season is just about a month away! Today was a long day being in the woods. To swap a couple cameras and pull cards on 9 others, took me nearly 6+ hrs. Right now, the focus is on "seein ...READ MORE
- My food plot is in I am a regular ATV farmer. I tilled and planted my entire food plot this year with my 4-wheeler. Rather than pay $150 per day to rent a tiller, I boug ...READ MORE
About the Bowhunting Road
The website you are viewing began as a blog about the hunting adventures of Bernie Barringer, a well-travelled bowhunter. It has grown into a full website with more bloggers and a lot of resources and information for the archer who travels beyond the borders of his/her home state to hunt.
Not only do we provide you with great daily commentaries about where and when we are hunting, but we also provide you with a lot of information to help you follow your own dreams of bowhunting in new and exciting places. Spend some time looking around, and be sure to subscribe for updates and a chance to win one of many great prizes. Thanks for following us on the Bowhunting Road, and I trust you will see that being a regular here will add a lot to your knowledge of how to put more game on the ground!
Jon and Sarah
We are very excited to be team members of The Bowhunting Road.com Sarah and I met in 1996. I was working as a natural resource aide in a Iowa state park. While patrolling the park after the 10:30 PM closing time, I located Sarah and friends in the park after hours. The rest is history. While I was pursuing a career in natural resources, Sarah was completing her college education at Southern Illinois/Carbondale.
Bernie began bowhunting in 1973 as a 14-year-old. This became a lifelong addiction. For more than 40 years, he has pursued small game, whitetails and bears across the Midwest, but he is expanding his experiences to include other species in other parts of North America.
I love to hunt whitetails! Whether it be chasing whitetails around the woods of Maine or sitting on a cornfield in the midwest, I am doing what I love. When it comes to hunting, they are what drives me. I have all but given up most of my other hobbies, directing most of my efforts towards bowhunting these majestic animals.
I was not necessarily brought up in a whitetail or hunting environment. Living in South Florida amongst tourist and urban sprawl wasn’t the ideal hunting sportsman’s paradise. But luckily, my Dad was able to introduce my brother and me to the outdoors whether it was hunting the vast Central Florida forest or shiner fishing the Ocklawaha River for largemouth bass, it was ultimately ingrained into my childhood and carried later into my adult years.