Subscribe today!Subscribe today to receive free email alerts containing hunting information you can use and notifications about prize package giveaways! You will receive an email you must click to confirm to be entered as a subscriber. Click this button and confirm to be a part of the Bowhunting Road family!
Well I have some disappointing news about the streaming web cam we were going ...
I can’t get this bear off my mind. I have to figure out a way to go back and try ...
June 2 – Quantity not quality Dawson and I spent a few hours in the morning fishing a lake way back ...
Nonresident draws in some states can be confusing. This is true with deer drawings in many states, and even more ...
- Food Plot Privacy Screen Last fall I noticed an issue with my food plot, which is only 70 yards behind my garage. It seemed like each evening when the deer would begin to make ...READ MORE
- Video: Mineral Site Preparation It's that time of year! I'm talking about mineral sites (or licks), of course. Actually, you should have probably freshened or started new sites alrea ...READ MORE
- LaCrosse Aerohead. Best rubber boot I have ever owned. I have been wearing these boots for just over a year now. Before this, I was a big Muck Boot fan. Really loved my Mucks but I did not like how fragil ...READ MORE
- Living with bears part II Well I have some disappointing news about the streaming web cam we were going to set up on my bear feeding station behind my house. My internet here ...READ MORE
- The New NO CAM Bow Has Arrived! About a week ago, UPS pulled up with a bow ...I knew full well what it was. Too say I was excited was an understatement. Grabbed bow, ripped it open, ...READ MORE
- Preparing for Colorado [caption id="attachment_120437" align="aligncenter" width="225"] This is my third pair of Monarchs. First look through the 7's is impressive. The lens ...READ MORE
- Blonde Ambition I can't get this bear off my mind. I have to figure out a way to go back and try to get him. This picture is taken from a Covert Game Camera video whi ...READ MORE
- Big explosion video We are back home again and Dawson got the video edited of the explosion when we blew up the beaver dam. Here's how it went down. Tom asked Paul if he ...READ MORE
- Disappointment and reflection Sad to say we did not find the bear. Six of us headed out there in the morning and took up the blood trail, which looked really good. We walked along ...READ MORE
- Shot a big bear last night 6:55 a.m. Woke up a lot during the night replaying the shot in my mind, hoping that there is a dead bear lying close to where I shot him last night. T ...READ MORE
About the Bowhunting Road
The website you are viewing began as a blog about the hunting adventures of Bernie Barringer, a well-travelled bowhunter. It has grown into a full website with more bloggers and a lot of resources and information for the archer who travels beyond the borders of his/her home state to hunt.
Not only do we provide you with great daily commentaries about where and when we are hunting, but we also provide you with a lot of information to help you follow your own dreams of bowhunting in new and exciting places. Spend some time looking around, and be sure to subscribe for updates and a chance to win one of many great prizes. Thanks for following us on the Bowhunting Road, and I trust you will see that being a regular here will add a lot to your knowledge of how to put more game on the ground!
Jon and Sarah
We are very excited to be team members of The Bowhunting Road.com Sarah and I met in 1996. I was working as a natural resource aide in a Iowa state park. While patrolling the park after the 10:30 PM closing time, I located Sarah and friends in the park after hours. The rest is history. While I was pursuing a career in natural resources, Sarah was completing her college education at Southern Illinois/Carbondale.
Bernie began bowhunting in 1973 as a 14-year-old. This became a lifelong addiction. For more than 40 years, he has pursued small game, whitetails and bears across the Midwest, but he is expanding his experiences to include other species in other parts of North America.
I love to hunt whitetails! Whether it be chasing whitetails around the woods of Maine or sitting on a cornfield in the midwest, I am doing what I love. When it comes to hunting, they are what drives me. I have all but given up most of my other hobbies, directing most of my efforts towards bowhunting these majestic animals.
I was not necessarily brought up in a whitetail or hunting environment. Living in South Florida amongst tourist and urban sprawl wasn’t the ideal hunting sportsman’s paradise. But luckily, my Dad was able to introduce my brother and me to the outdoors whether it was hunting the vast Central Florida forest or shiner fishing the Ocklawaha River for largemouth bass, it was ultimately ingrained into my childhood and carried later into my adult years.