Subscribe today!Subscribe today to receive free email alerts containing hunting information you can use and notifications about prize package giveaways! You will receive an email you must click to confirm to be entered as a subscriber. Click this button and confirm to be a part of the Bowhunting Road family!
Life has an interesting way of taking some interesting twists and turns. When my wife Cheri and I were married ...
I really don’t set out to find a bunch of drama on these hunts but it seems to find me. ...
Man this looks good! Long drive yesterday. I left home after church and I wanted to get through Kansas City before ...
Here’s video I did this week about my food plot in which I planted Monster Raxx Last Heart Beet seed ...
- 32 years and 30 minutes! Life has an interesting way of taking some interesting twists and turns. When my wife Cheri and I were married in 1979, we wanted to be together every ...READ MORE
- Froze in or out? [caption id="attachment_119265" align="alignleft" width="225"] A view from my public land stand and the shooting lanes that the coyote walked through[ ...READ MORE
- Ohio Success I will admit, after the mental breakdown I suffered earlier in the week causing me to shorten my much anticipated Iowa hunt, it took some digging down ...READ MORE
- Kansas: Day 10 Buck Down! Morning So last night...after dinner grabbed flashlights did a little scouting for the morning. Another buddy and I were looking over Google earth and ...READ MORE
- Kansas: Day 9 Morning Have troubles texting when weather gets that cold...but yesterday morning and mid afternoon were great. Bucks were on there feet and moving. S ...READ MORE
- Kansas: Day 8 Morning Well the weather report was not wrong. 22 degrees and bowling 18. I ended up sitting in an old building ...guess it must have a shooting shack ...READ MORE
- Kansas: Day 7 Morning Wow it has started fast this morning. In the funnel hunting SSE wind. Had doe come through funnel...pretty dark when she came through. The kin ...READ MORE
- Kansas: Day 6 Morning Same spot hunted last night. Its around 8 here. Just saw good buck come up through bedding area. Not quite sure what he was. Had hard time get ...READ MORE
- Kansas: Day 5 I am little behind...so I have some catching up to do! Morning Settled in for a nnw hunt this morning. Its blowing 10-15 41 degrees. Same area I have ...READ MORE
- Public Land Pursuit Update I set out this season to harvest a mature archery buck on public land. I scouted early with trail cameras and identified several spots with mature buc ...READ MORE
About the Bowhunting Road
The website you are viewing began as a blog about the hunting adventures of Bernie Barringer, a well-travelled bowhunter. It has grown into a full website with more bloggers and a lot of resources and information for the archer who travels beyond the borders of his/her home state to hunt.
Not only do we provide you with great daily commentaries about where and when we are hunting, but we also provide you with a lot of information to help you follow your own dreams of bowhunting in new and exciting places. Spend some time looking around, and be sure to subscribe for updates and a chance to win one of many great prizes. Thanks for following us on the Bowhunting Road, and I trust you will see that being a regular here will add a lot to your knowledge of how to put more game on the ground!
Jon and Sarah
We are very excited to be team members of The Bowhunting Road.com Sarah and I met in 1996. I was working as a natural resource aide in a Iowa state park. While patrolling the park after the 10:30 PM closing time, I located Sarah and friends in the park after hours. The rest is history. While I was pursuing a career in natural resources, Sarah was completing her college education at Southern Illinois/Carbondale.
Bernie began bowhunting in 1973 as a 14-year-old. This became a lifelong addiction. For more than 35 years, he has pursued small game, whitetails and bears across the Midwest, but he is expanding his experiences to include other species in other parts of North America.
I love to hunt whitetails! Whether it be chasing whitetails around the woods of Maine or sitting on a cornfield in the midwest, I am doing what I love. When it comes to hunting, they are what drives me. I have all but given up most of my other hobbies, directing most of my efforts towards bowhunting these majestic animals.
I was not necessarily brought up in a whitetail or hunting environment. Living in South Florida amongst tourist and urban sprawl wasn’t the ideal hunting sportsman’s paradise. But luckily, my Dad was able to introduce my brother and me to the outdoors whether it was hunting the vast Central Florida forest or shiner fishing the Ocklawaha River for largemouth bass, it was ultimately ingrained into my childhood and carried later into my adult years.