Subscribe today!Subscribe today to receive free email alerts containing hunting information you can use and notifications about prize package giveaways! You will receive an email you must click to confirm to be entered as a subscriber. Click this button and confirm to be a part of the Bowhunting Road family!
In a normal winter across the Midwest, I estimate that approximately 80% of the bucks will shed their deer ...
The snow is piling up on my deck I hoped to go predator calling today but it was cold, snowy and ...
I am very excited about a hunt I just booked. Back in 2012 I hunted bear with Grandview Outfitters in ...
As stated in the title of this post, things were pretty lackluster this weekend. But, I feel it’s my duty ...
- Shed antlers: Time to hit the trail In a normal winter across the Midwest, I estimate that approximately 80% of the bucks will shed their deer antlers between February 15 and March 15. ...READ MORE
- Post Season Trail Camera Survey [caption id="attachment_119878" align="aligncenter" width="300"] This bait station/camera is located in a Monster Raxx food plot to survey what deer a ...READ MORE
- Stop Dreaming: Get your out-of-state buck this year There is no reason to be intimidated by travelling out of state to hunt for the buck you have always wanted. Stop dreaming and get busy! Here's ...READ MORE
- VIDEO: Season Recap Well, in what can be described as a love/hate type feeling, the 2014-15 Ohio Hunting Season has finally come to an end. A week ago Sunday, marked anot ...READ MORE
- Jerky Time [caption id="attachment_119799" align="aligncenter" width="300"] The snow is piling up on my deck[/caption] I hoped to go predator calling today but i ...READ MORE
- Ohio Update: The Joys of Public Land I've previously mentioned of how I felt I'd managed to keep this piece of public land to myself during the late season, and with the season qui ...READ MORE
- Late Winter Activities [caption id="attachment_119775" align="aligncenter" width="225"] A day of success to end the 2014-15 trapping season[/caption] I sit here on Super Bow ...READ MORE
- Bear Hunt on the Horizon I am very excited about a hunt I just booked. Back in 2012 I hunted bear with Grandview Outfitters in the Duck Mountains area of Western Manitoba. It ...READ MORE
- DIY European/Skull Mount: Part II We'll, as promised, here is the second half and conclusion to the DIY European Mount video that I posted last week. Hopefully everyone was able ...READ MORE
- Ohio Late-Season Update As stated in the title of this post, things were pretty lackluster this weekend. But, I feel it’s my duty to keep those interested in the waning momen ...READ MORE
About the Bowhunting Road
The website you are viewing began as a blog about the hunting adventures of Bernie Barringer, a well-travelled bowhunter. It has grown into a full website with more bloggers and a lot of resources and information for the archer who travels beyond the borders of his/her home state to hunt.
Not only do we provide you with great daily commentaries about where and when we are hunting, but we also provide you with a lot of information to help you follow your own dreams of bowhunting in new and exciting places. Spend some time looking around, and be sure to subscribe for updates and a chance to win one of many great prizes. Thanks for following us on the Bowhunting Road, and I trust you will see that being a regular here will add a lot to your knowledge of how to put more game on the ground!
Jon and Sarah
We are very excited to be team members of The Bowhunting Road.com Sarah and I met in 1996. I was working as a natural resource aide in a Iowa state park. While patrolling the park after the 10:30 PM closing time, I located Sarah and friends in the park after hours. The rest is history. While I was pursuing a career in natural resources, Sarah was completing her college education at Southern Illinois/Carbondale.
Bernie began bowhunting in 1973 as a 14-year-old. This became a lifelong addiction. For more than 35 years, he has pursued small game, whitetails and bears across the Midwest, but he is expanding his experiences to include other species in other parts of North America.
I love to hunt whitetails! Whether it be chasing whitetails around the woods of Maine or sitting on a cornfield in the midwest, I am doing what I love. When it comes to hunting, they are what drives me. I have all but given up most of my other hobbies, directing most of my efforts towards bowhunting these majestic animals.
I was not necessarily brought up in a whitetail or hunting environment. Living in South Florida amongst tourist and urban sprawl wasn’t the ideal hunting sportsman’s paradise. But luckily, my Dad was able to introduce my brother and me to the outdoors whether it was hunting the vast Central Florida forest or shiner fishing the Ocklawaha River for largemouth bass, it was ultimately ingrained into my childhood and carried later into my adult years.