Subscribe today!Subscribe today to receive free email alerts containing hunting information you can use and notifications about prize package giveaways! You will receive an email you must click to confirm to be entered as a subscriber. Click this button and confirm to be a part of the Bowhunting Road family!
Nonresident draws in some states can be confusing. This is true with deer drawings in many states, and even more ...
Needless to say, it’s been fairly slow on my end. One of my best seasons ever, is far behind in ...
Here’s a review of the boots I used this past season. These are the Lacrosse Aerohead 7.0mm neoprene boots. I ...
In a normal winter across the Midwest, I estimate that approximately 80% of the bucks will shed their deer ...
- Bad News About Bear Tags I am more than a little frustrated with the Minnesota DNR's bear hunting policy right now. We are swimming in bears here in this part of the state and ...READ MORE
- Top 20 DIY Whitetail hunting states Here is a link to a detailed report I did for North American Whitetail Magazine on the top 20 states for the DIY whitetail hunter. Top 20 DIY States I ...READ MORE
- Living with bears The bears are eating me out of house and home. They are going through a 55-gallon barrel full of food in less than a week. I am feeding a combination ...READ MORE
- Well I screwed that up Nonresident draws in some states can be confusing. This is true with deer drawings in many states, and even more so with other species. Sometimes navi ...READ MORE
- Crappies, mushrooms and turkeys [caption id="attachment_120295" align="aligncenter" width="300"] I enjoyed watching this beautiful sunrise and strutting tom on the only morning I hun ...READ MORE
- Trail Cameras: Fair Chase? The turkey hunting has been kind of slow, so I thought I'd share my thoughts on a recent topic I came across. During my early morning routine, I was r ...READ MORE
- Bowfishing fun Spring is the time of the year when the big fish move shallow. Our area has an abundance of rough fish on the Mississippi River and my sons Dawson and ...READ MORE
- Spring Scouting: Crazy about buck bedding! Many of my off season whitetail posts have been about bedding. This spring I have spent most of my scouting so far looking for bedding areas, in some ...READ MORE
- NEW Danner Gila Hunting Boots Have Arrived! Sunday I arrived home from a family trip to find a box at my door — a brand new pair of Danner Gila 6" Optifade hunting boots! I felt like a kid at C ...READ MORE
- Video: Ohio Spring Turkey, Opening Week The 1st week of Ohio spring turkey is now in the books. And with the challenge I placed on myself, it's definitely going to be one to remember. I've s ...READ MORE
About the Bowhunting Road
The website you are viewing began as a blog about the hunting adventures of Bernie Barringer, a well-travelled bowhunter. It has grown into a full website with more bloggers and a lot of resources and information for the archer who travels beyond the borders of his/her home state to hunt.
Not only do we provide you with great daily commentaries about where and when we are hunting, but we also provide you with a lot of information to help you follow your own dreams of bowhunting in new and exciting places. Spend some time looking around, and be sure to subscribe for updates and a chance to win one of many great prizes. Thanks for following us on the Bowhunting Road, and I trust you will see that being a regular here will add a lot to your knowledge of how to put more game on the ground!
Jon and Sarah
We are very excited to be team members of The Bowhunting Road.com Sarah and I met in 1996. I was working as a natural resource aide in a Iowa state park. While patrolling the park after the 10:30 PM closing time, I located Sarah and friends in the park after hours. The rest is history. While I was pursuing a career in natural resources, Sarah was completing her college education at Southern Illinois/Carbondale.
Bernie began bowhunting in 1973 as a 14-year-old. This became a lifelong addiction. For more than 40 years, he has pursued small game, whitetails and bears across the Midwest, but he is expanding his experiences to include other species in other parts of North America.
I love to hunt whitetails! Whether it be chasing whitetails around the woods of Maine or sitting on a cornfield in the midwest, I am doing what I love. When it comes to hunting, they are what drives me. I have all but given up most of my other hobbies, directing most of my efforts towards bowhunting these majestic animals.
I was not necessarily brought up in a whitetail or hunting environment. Living in South Florida amongst tourist and urban sprawl wasn’t the ideal hunting sportsman’s paradise. But luckily, my Dad was able to introduce my brother and me to the outdoors whether it was hunting the vast Central Florida forest or shiner fishing the Ocklawaha River for largemouth bass, it was ultimately ingrained into my childhood and carried later into my adult years.