Subscribe today!Subscribe today to receive free email alerts containing hunting information you can use and notifications about prize package giveaways! You will receive an email you must click to confirm to be entered as a subscriber. Click this button and confirm to be a part of the Bowhunting Road family!
This story is one of the reasons I went to Texas on a deer hunt. I did the research while ...
I got some photos in an email from my friend David Klink in Pennsylvania. He shot this great buck ...
My archery deer A fun evening-Nov. 14th -strong wind, from the South –I contemplated going out or not. Decided to go ...
I received my new bow today. The latest bow Mathews has introduced is the Halon, which combines the NoCam technology ...
- Story of the Texas Superbuck This story is one of the reasons I went to Texas on a deer hunt. I did the research while there and here is the way the story appears on Outdoorhub.co ...READ MORE
- Shed Antler Update Before the game on Sunday , I went shed antler hunting in the afternoon with my brother and nephew. We drove the truck around an area that I call food ...READ MORE
- See You at the Shows I will be appearing at two sports shows in February so here is your invitation to stop by and say hello. The first is the Central Wisconsin Deer & ...READ MORE
- Shed antler season is here I set a few coyote snares on Thursday. While doing so, I decided to place feed supplements at trail cameras and remove the sd cards. Wow, it turned ou ...READ MORE
- How ’bout this crazy looking buck? I got some photos in an email from my friend David Klink in Pennsylvania. He shot this great buck last fall; it's an exceptional buck for PA, especial ...READ MORE
- Video of my Texas hunt Here's the video, hope you enjoy it.
- Success in Texas I am back home again after a long stretch on the road. Nine days to be exact. After I left Louisville, Kentucky, I headed to a deer hunt in Texas. Bec ...READ MORE
- Seasons End [caption id="attachment_121341" align="aligncenter" width="300"] The setting sun is the end of another hunt for this season[/caption] The sun is setti ...READ MORE
- One more round of cool stuff at the ATA Show A few more products that caught my eye. How about a wind checker puff bottle that has powder that glows in the dark? If you have ever stepped out of y ...READ MORE
- Day 2 at the ATA show Day two found me looking at hundreds of more booths and running into more people I know. Lots of cool stuff all over the place and it proves that the ...READ MORE
About the Bowhunting Road
The website you are viewing began as a blog about the hunting adventures of Bernie Barringer, a well-travelled bowhunter. It has grown into a full website with more bloggers and a lot of resources and information for the archer who travels beyond the borders of his/her home state to hunt.
Not only do we provide you with great daily commentaries about where and when we are hunting, but we also provide you with a lot of information to help you follow your own dreams of bowhunting in new and exciting places. Spend some time looking around, and be sure to subscribe for updates and a chance to win one of many great prizes. Thanks for following us on the Bowhunting Road, and I trust you will see that being a regular here will add a lot to your knowledge of how to put more game on the ground!
Jon and Sarah
We are very excited to be team members of The Bowhunting Road.com Sarah and I met in 1996. I was working as a natural resource aide in a Iowa state park. While patrolling the park after the 10:30 PM closing time, I located Sarah and friends in the park after hours. The rest is history. While I was pursuing a career in natural resources, Sarah was completing her college education at Southern Illinois/Carbondale.
Bernie began bowhunting in 1973 as a 14-year-old. This became a lifelong addiction. For more than 40 years, he has pursued small game, whitetails and bears across the Midwest, but he is expanding his experiences to include other species in other parts of North America.
I love to hunt whitetails! Whether it be chasing whitetails around the woods of Maine or sitting on a cornfield in the midwest, I am doing what I love. When it comes to hunting, they are what drives me. I have all but given up most of my other hobbies, directing most of my efforts towards bowhunting these majestic animals.
I was not necessarily brought up in a whitetail or hunting environment. Living in South Florida amongst tourist and urban sprawl wasn’t the ideal hunting sportsman’s paradise. But luckily, my Dad was able to introduce my brother and me to the outdoors whether it was hunting the vast Central Florida forest or shiner fishing the Ocklawaha River for largemouth bass, it was ultimately ingrained into my childhood and carried later into my adult years.